Mother’s Day is such a wonderful time to tell your mom “I love you” in a special and creative way. All those times she has played an important part in your life deserve a way to be expressed, beyond just a card. It can be difficult to think of a means to express what you want, in a way that is truly memorable and cherished. So here are ten suggestions to that you might not have considered in the past. Ideas that, hopefully, will give you a chance to give mom a Mother’s Day she’ll always remember with happiness, and a warm smile.
- Remembering The Past. Give your mom the gift of having your family tree carved into a marble tile. It can be kept in a picture frame, so she can put it on display for everyone to see. Include a verse about mothers to add the extra touch of thoughtfulness. She will enjoy looking at it every day, and remembering what it means.
- Something to carry with her. How about getting her a personalized purse or tote bag? Pick whatever might happen to fit her lifestyle and have it monogrammed. It can be an ongoing reminder that says how much you care about her.
- Give her kitchen new identity. Pick from one of many items, such as coffee mugs, jars, even aprons to add her title “Mom” to them. When it is something she uses every day at meal time it can really give it a new and touching feel that she is bound to enjoy for many days to come. It all will say you are thinking of her each time she has her coffee or prepares food.
- A bouquet that never wilts. Try the gift of a dozen paper roses. Each can contain the picture of a family member. That is a great means for her to see her kids and grandkids each time she looks at those flowers. These artificial creations are one more idea that could last long after Mother’s day in her heart.
- The keepsake she will love always. Get a heart shaped glass engraved with her name and the names of her kids. You can be as creative as you want to make this keepsake unique and appealing. She’s sure to find a spot for it on her nightstand, dresser or the fireplace mantle.
- Snow Globe treasures. You can get a snow globe custom made to include some jeweled heart inside and a cherished engraving on the silver base. It is a perfect addition for a coffee table or anywhere that visitors will see the globe. The globe is simple, yet elegant; a perfect gift for Mother’s Day.
- Personalized Flower Vase. There is nothing that could add to a mother’s love of flowers more than a vase with a picture of her kids on the side. One that has their names and a loving phrase which gives it a special meaning, that she will savor each time she adds flowers.
- Throw Pillows. Add your picture or that of her favorite pet or her grandkids to a throw pillow. It can truly give her couch or bed that charm a mother will love in her own maternal way.
- Little Pots Of Thoughts. Does your mom love to grow plants or use them for holding all types of items? Well then perhaps a pot or group of small pots with nice sayings about mothers would be a terrific choice. Select ones in her favorite colors, and add designs of images like butterflies and birds.
- Say It With A Necklace. Have a jewelry store create a necklace with her birthstone in a heart shape. You can also add the stones of her kids and grandkids too. Each time she wears it, those stones will remind her that she is remembered and loved.
There are plenty of helpful places that can help make these ideas a reality for you. But it will be the fact that you put some extra time and thought into her gift, that will mean the most to your mom.